Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

We were supposed to have a few friends with kids over tonight to say goodbye to 08, and welcome in 09, even if it was going to be a bit early (before the young kids all needed to be tucked into bed). But, just like most of 2008, our plans were foiled and I am sitting at home with 2 sick kids and one sick husband. And I know I'm next to fall.

I've never been so glad to see a year end. It's been a year (or several) unlike none other, and one I hope to never repeat. Here are things I hope to NOT do in 2009:
Sell a house
Buy a house
Move
Renovate
Pack
Look for a new job
Watch someone die
Grieve
Go through a lifetimes worth of possessions
Get pregnant
Be sick for 9 months
Get fat
Give birth
Recover from birth
Be sleep deprived

For 09, I just want to be. Be happy, see friends, play outside, sleep and watch my children grow. I want nothing monumental to happen. I just want to be non dramatic, and maybe a touch boring.

Cheers to that and a good nights sleep.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

And I thought my life had been a bit too hectic for my taste! Thanks for putting it into perspective ;) Hope 2009 is exactly what you want it to be - maybe we can even figure in a visit.

Anonymous said...

Hope by now you are all feeling better. Ringing in the new year is always over-rated. A good list of things to leave in the past - I will work on mine. Looking forward to seeing you in 2009 - hope Lucy can capture me on film as well as she captured you, Ken, Eli and Grandpa. Wishing you everything you are hoping for in '09!!! Of course you accidentally left yoga off the list but intended to have it there... Ingrid

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

I had a hard 08 also. Lots of unwelcome changes and growing pains for me.

It's funny, because in my own new years post I also said that I "just want to be." I just want to feel settled. Be happy. Not feel stressed. Enjoy my children.

i hope you got your good nights sleep.